[Chicken-users] More on Unions and Structs.

From: Pupeno
Subject: [Chicken-users] More on Unions and Structs.
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 03:26:49 -0300

I started to make the FFI using the magick #>? hopping that I would get
farther, were, that didn't happen.
My first problem: Something as simple as what is described on the
documentation:
#>?
struct XAnyEvent {
        int type;
};
<#
doesn't compile:
xlib.c: In function 'stub10':
xlib.c:135: error: invalid application of 'sizeof' to incomplete type 'struct
XAnyEvent'
xlib.c:136: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
xlib.c: In function 'stub3':
xlib.c:149: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
I tried adding:
typedef struct XAnyEvent XAnyEvent;
but the error is the same.
And anyway, I've read in the documentation that nested structures/unions are
not supported, so, XEvent, a union of structures won't be supported, right ?
I'm so dissapointed, this was starting to look good and it seem I've found
another dead end.
Thank you.
--
Pupeno <address@hidden> (http://pupeno.com)