[Chicken-users] Re: FastCGI?

From: Reed Sheridan
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: FastCGI?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:49:48 -0500

> From: Giovanni Pensa <address@hidden>

> Hi.  I'm doing some CGI scripts with Chicken.  I'd like to also test
> it with FastCGI, because some web hosting providers (like Dreamhost or
> TextDrive) have started to support it.  (If you can use Ruby, you can
> use Chicken...)
>
> I haven't found an egg, just some code for Gauche, and some for Clisp.
>  Also a fastcgi proxy.  Is there anything more?  I've been looking at
> the libfcgi C library, and I'll try to interface to it.  But I've long
> forgotten C...  Hints?

I've written a binding to libfcgi.  It's basically a complete mess at
this point, but it works (caveat: only tested on Linux/lighttpd and
will certainly not work in Windows).  I can send it to you if you
want, and I'll probably fix it up and release it eventually.

Regarding other solutions:
I couldn't get the FastCGI proxy from Metcast to work, and it looked
like getting it to work would require learning the details of libfcgi
(which is why I wrote my own, since it was about the same amount of
trouble).  I had roughly the same problem with the one for Gauche,
with the additional bonus that Gauche has an undocumented FFI.  The
only other Scheme/Lisp solution I know of is a native implementation
for CMUCL, which I have not used.

Reed Sheridan