Re: [Chicken-users] OpenSSL bindings

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] OpenSSL bindings
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:42:13 -0000

Am 10.10.2005, 05:00 Uhr, schrieb felix winkelmann <address@hidden>:

[...]
Do you think it is also sensible to convert things like the tcp-server egg
into SSL enabled versions?

Hm...I don't know - the tcp-server code is pretty simple - I guess it would
be not too much work to roll one's own, instead of making everything
depend on the openssl egg. What do you think?
[...]

Hello,

indeed the tcp-server code would be easy to adapt, I think.

In my eyes it would pay off to do it, though, because one could propagate the change into spiffy, giving it https support. But not using spiffy very much myself, I'm perhaps not the right person to say what it would benefit from.

Maybe we could change the egg in a way that allows connection management procedures with signatures identical to tcp-(listen|accept) to be specified, defaulting to the plain tcp ones. One could then specify something like (cut ssl-listen <> <> 'tls) as well and the egg would be ready for future extensions, should someone come up with yet another connection wrapping system, all without creating hard dependencies on extra libraries.

cu,
Thomas