Re: [Chicken-users] MinGW build

From: Graham Fawcett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] MinGW build
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:25:03 -0400

On 9/27/05, Patrick Brannan <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm trying to build chicken 2.2 with mingw and am having a small problem. It
> looks like it is trying to build posix.c and is having some difficulty.
> Should posix.c even be built on windows? Any suggestions would be
> appreciated.
>
>  Prior to this error there was an error building tcp.c.  Swapping the
> following two lines fixed that one.
>
>  // # include <winsock2.h>
>  #include <ws2tcpip.h>

A similar story for me. I was building on win32, not with MinGW but
with the free MS tools (see vctk-install.txt), and I had to play the
same trick. I also had to patch udp.c the same way. Then I deleted
posix.c, and replaced it with posixwin.c. Lastly (I think), I
truncated uposix.c (i.e., it's an empty file now). Not a good answer,
but I found that with these, I was able to build a dynamically-linked
interpreter.

Graham