Re: [Chicken-users] What does #!key mean?

From: Shawn Rutledge
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] What does #!key mean?
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 13:44:47 -0700

That's cool!  They work out of order too!

I was wanting to do something like that.  One reason people like XML
is that you can have optional attributes and give them in any order.
So then they try to use XML as a programming language and it's just
not well suited to that.

The "even number of args" requirement is a little odd though.  Another
syntax for this kind of functionality would be

(fn (i . 1) (j . 2))

which seems more like typical scheme to me, and you don't need the
special meaning for symbols that end with colon.