[Chicken-users] Bug in format: can't iterate over 100 values?

From: Alejandro Forero Cuervo
Subject: [Chicken-users] Bug in format: can't iterate over 100 values?
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:56:37 -0500

Hi.

I just thought I'd report a bug in format that has bit me recently.
It is very easy to reproduce:

  (use srfi-1 format)
  (format #f "~{ ~A~}" (iota 200))

Notice that the returned string includes the numbers from 0 to 99, not
to 200! :/

BTW, I have a slightly incomplete implementation of format.  If anyone
cares to help me finish it, we could replace the implementation in
Chicken.  It already supports the following escape sequences (with all
their optional arguments/colon/at): ~A ~S ~/ ~X ~D ~O ~B ~% ~( ~) ~[
~; ~] ~? ~* ~P ~{ ~} ~^.  It has two important advantages over
Chicken's implementation: it is reentrant (thus can be safely used
with threads or building streams of characters using a custom port)
and is modular (allowing the caller to define new escape sequences).
If anyone is interested, this is available at:

  http://anonymous:@svn.afc.no-ip.info/svn/home/src/chicken-eggs/format/

Thanks.

Alejo.
http://azul.freaks-unidos.net/

---=(  Comunidad de Usuarios de Software Libre en Colombia  )=---
---=(  http://bachue.com/colibri )=--=( address@hidden  )=---