[Chicken-users] Compilers vs. interpreters

From: Ed Watkeys
Subject: [Chicken-users] Compilers vs. interpreters
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 22:11:29 -0400

Hi,

All this talk of Chicken's differing behaviors when interpeting vs. compiling code has gotten me thinking. Who here uses compiled code and who here simply uses the interpreter? My work follows a rough 90/10 split: I never bother compiling the vast majority of the code I execute with Chicken.

For my needs, performance is nearly always Good Enough when interpreted, and if it's not, I think about data structure and algorithmic changes before considering compiling.

Regards,
Ed

--
Transmogrify, LLC * <http://xmog.com/>