[Chicken-users] experimenting with http-server

From: Michele Simionato
Subject: [Chicken-users] experimenting with http-server
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:50:48 -0400

I was trying to see if I can get working a simple Web application using
http-server, spiffy-utils, etc. Here are the issues I am having:

- the error messages. There are NO error messages! Even if I start the
  server with the debug option ((http:make-server 4242) #t))) I don't
  see them; even if I play with http:error-hook I can't see them
  (I am trying to set error-hook to print the error message on stderr)

- how do I gracefully stop the server? CTRL-C does not work, it seems I
  have to kill it by hand.

I have found this code in Chris Double modal Web server example:

(set! ##sys#read-prompt-hook
      (lambda ()
        (when (or (##sys#fudge 12)
                  (##sys#tty-port?
                   (current-input-port)))
          (display "#;> ")
          (flush-output)
          (##sys#thread-block-for-i/o! ##sys#current-thread 0 #t)
          (thread-yield!))))

(thread-start!
 (lambda () ((http:make-server 4242) #t))); de

This works fine, but why this is not the standard behavior of Chicken?

For the rest the module is pretty simple and easy to grasp, the really
big annoing issue is with (the lack of) the error messages. Do you
have debugging advices and tricks to share?

                          Michele Simionato