Re: [Chicken-users] Is there a way to get tcp-accept to time-out?

From: Julian Morrison
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Is there a way to get tcp-accept to time-out?
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 14:09:07 +0000

Ed Watkeys wrote:

That should work very well. You should get Felix to put it in the distribution somewhere.

I'll make a fancier version with setitimer().

Felix, if you read this, how do I make an "egg" for use on your site?

That said, it still bothers me that I can't write this Posix-ly as I would in C with select(2).

You probably want to do it in C via the FFI then, or even implement a Scheme-ish (select) wrapper so you can copy the Guile code.