Re: [Chicken-users] Peculiar TinyCLOS specialization bit

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Peculiar TinyCLOS specialization bit
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 01:57:06 +0100

"Joel Reymont" <address@hidden> writes:

>>The only method you've defined takes a <b> instance and an <a> instance.
>>You've passed it a <b> instance and a #f. Since no methods exist for
>>that combination you get the error. Why do you think it should pass?
>
> Well, how do I say "null object <a>" then?

You can't, since the obvious choice is of class <boolean>, not of
class <a>.

> The logical way to say it is with #f and thus I'm expecting it to
> pass.

I'm pondering on extending TinyCLOS with predicate dispatch. You then
could express (instance of class <a> or #f).

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

Python is executable pseudocode, Perl is executable line-noise.