Re: [Chicken-users] Including C struct definitions

From: Joel Reymont
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Including C struct definitions
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:28:18 +0000

> Nicolas Pelletier wrote:

>SWIG is used  to provide access to C functions (a  lib or custom code)
>to a  higher-level language,  isn't it  ? I am  trying to  achieve the
>converse: calling from C into Scheme and exchanging structures in both
>directions.

Well, what SWIG does to register your structure and access methods is
something that you could do yourself, I think. But I see where you are
coming from. If the structure was registered "natively" with Chicken then
you won't need C access wrapper methods.

SWIG registers a bunch of C accessor functions that take the structure/
class pointer as an argument and get or set structure fields. Then it
wraps the whole thing in TinyCLOS code if you ask it to.

I think you could achieve what you are looking for by calling the SWIG-
generated accessors from your Scheme code, whether you call that code
from C or from Scheme shouldn't matter.

    Joel

--
OpenPoker: The Linux of poker software