Re: [Chicken-users] compile-time eval-time mismatch

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] compile-time eval-time mismatch
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 10:06:53 +0100

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 03:54:26 -0500, Michele Simionato
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I cannot get this code to work properly with the compiler:
>
> [...]
>
> I cannot figure out an eval-when combination such to solve the issue :-(

Your `chatty' procedure executes at

1) macroexpansion (or "compile") time (inside "mac")
2) run-time (when  the expansion, which contains `chatty' as well
  executes)

The eval-when form provides three different situations in which
to evaluate a form:

1) compile/macroexpansion time  ('compile')
2) eval/interpretation time ('eval')
3) run-time ("load")

Just change your eval-when form to:

(eval-when (compile eval load) ...)