Re: [Chicken-users] Building Chicken for Windows

From: Clifford M STEIN
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Building Chicken for Windows
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 07:59:58 -0800

I've built chicken using MinGW and MSYS--this would've been a later
version of chicken (1.66+? or maybe even more recent.  Jonah.B checked
in some changes a few months for MinGW.  I haven't tried the very latest
versions, so perhaps something was introduced recently?).  I cannot
remember which configuration settings I used.

On the other hand, I've been unable to use chicken+swig from inside
MinGW/MSYS (apologies for hijacking this thread :-).  Everything builds,
but I can't run the executable.  For example, if I were to run the
'simple' example in the $SWIG/examples/chicken directory, I get an
"undefined variable ~zWie92kkkdssf.......jwfw" type of error when I run
the test program.

Unfortunately I'm at work, and I've only dabbled with MinGW and
Chicken+Swig at home.  And that was a few months back, so apologies for
the lack of details. :-)

--cliff