Re: [Chicken-users] 'bb' egg and event handlers

From: Sergey Khorev
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 'bb' egg and event handlers
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:23:24 +0400

> BTW, I'd be really interested how (and if) people like bb.

My impression: very-very-very Schemish. Neat and lean but powerful
enough. Personally, I hate to have dozens of classes with hundreds of
methods, _especially_ in Scheme. So bb (and Chicken) became my choice
for some GUI app.
The only major issue is the lack of Tree control (IMHO one can use
Tree from FLU. It seems I will try to implement this someday).
The minor issue is about FLTK - it uses ownerdrawn controls, losing
native look-n-feel.

> The heavy dependence
> on SRFI-17 might be something many people will find inelegant,

I think that this is adequate. SRFI-17 + bb is an extra pain on
Windows: chicken-setup doesn't work and MSVC6 seems to have
optimization bug, so srfi-17 should be compiled without optimization.

--
Sergey Khorev
http://iamphet.nm.ru