Re: [Chicken-users] minGW and chicken

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] minGW and chicken
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:56:50 +0200

Felix Winkelmann wrote:
Clifford M STEIN wrote:

MinGW:
When I just run the regular configure script in $CHICKEN_ROOT using the
MSys/MinGW package, everything seems to proceed smoothly until the
compiler hits 'posix.c'.  Then I get some errors:

errors building 'posix.c'
No:   sys/wait.h
      sys/utsname.h
      pwd.h
      sys/mman.h
followed by a long list of errors and warnings...

Does anyone have any comments/criticisms/insults? :-)

I tried to build CHICKEN for Mingw32 myself and ran into the same problems. But without posix support, I have little use for the software anyway, so I decided to run it on Cygwin.

It should be possible however to manually modify the Makefile to exclude the posix unit or to include Sergey's posixwin unit instead -- then everything should be compilable under Mingw32.

AFAIK, posix is not available under Cygwin (until we add Sergey's posixwin,
of course). So it should be somehow handled by the build stuff.

Of course posix support _is_ available under Cygwin but not under Mingw32 -- that's what Cygwin is all about, a posix emulation layer for Windows.

[...]

cu,
Thomas