[Chicken-users] Re: status of chickenlib: build process and mysqlinterfa

From: Ed Watkeys
Subject: [Chicken-users] Re: status of chickenlib: build process and mysqlinterface usage sample
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 15:31:56 -0400 (EDT)

Jörg F. Wittenberger said:
> I can't say too much about the interfaces, since I'm not famillar with
> them.  Just the risk: they might not fit well for Scheme.  I,
> personally, even prefer to contrain myself to a pure functional subset
> of Scheme if possible.

I agree with you: If someone wants to write Perl or Java, they should feel
free to do so. In Perl or Java. I too try to keep my programs free of
exclamation points.

>> group of people worth considering? (I'm not being sarcastic: I don't
>> know.)
>
> They'll probably reject the ')))))...'-Trailer anyway (as I did before).

I resisted learning Python for far too long because the idea of using
whitespace for indenting seemed profoundly wrong. For some reason I
thought it was a conspiracy by Babylon 5-watching, Amiga-owning Ayn Rand
devotees. Once I got over that delusion, parentheses seemed like a minor
issue.

Regards,
Ed

--