Re: [Chicken-users] questionable http-server behaviour under heavyload:

From: Ed Watkeys
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] questionable http-server behaviour under heavyload: broken pipe
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:06:44 -0400

On Aug 26, 2004, at 4:17 PM, gian paolo ciceri wrote:

Felix Winkelmann wrote:
[snip]

Just globally, for example at the start of your file:
(require-extension posix)
(set-signal-handler! signal/pipe #f)
...your code follows...

[snip]

You should get it up and running by specifying an absolute root path:
% spiffy -d -r /home/myname/web

Thanks Felix, both suggestions works !

Only a supplementary question: in both cases,
doing a CTRL+C (i.e. SIGINT if I remember right) in the
terminal where the server run, doesn't terminate the server
process anymore, but I've trapped SIGPIPE, not SIGINT.

This seems to be a result of using threads. (You are using threads, right?) You should be able to kill the process by typing Control-\. Chicken threads behave very similarly to Python threads with respect to responding to Control-C and Control-\ (SIGINT and SIGQUIT).

Regarding the SIGPIPE error, a properly-functioning web server and client should not generate SIGPIPE: Someone is doing something wrong. As someone suggested, the problem could be as simple as the server sending an extra newline after a request. If no one else is going to look into this, I'd be willing to.

On a related subject, I found that there are interoperability issues with the XMLRPC client: It doesn't like talking to HTTP 1.1 servers. (Or is it that the server doesn't serve clients who submit HTTP 1.1 requests? I'm not sure; it was a while ago.)

Regards,
Ed

--
Watkeys Consulting: Product Design and Management
http://watkeys.com/