Re: [Chicken-users] questionable http-server behaviour under heavyload:

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] questionable http-server behaviour under heavyload: broken pipe
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:29:42 +0200

gian paolo ciceri wrote:

Thanks for the quick feedback,
it responds like in the first request, but with no
exception, that happens only after the first request.

Hm... I can't really tell why this happens. But it shouldn't be
a serious problem.

Well, my code is the standard http-server sample (in documentation),
may you please be so kind to show me where to add the signal
handler ?

Just globally, for example at the start of your file:

(require-extension posix)

(set-signal-handler! signal/pipe #f)

...your code follows...

For spiffy, I've not fully explained myself:
in my spiffy setup, I've the ./web directory under the place where I
start spiffy, but I cannot have the index.html served, too !.

I see here that I introduced a bug: on startup, the current directory
is changed to the root-path, but pages are still accessed with the root-path
prefix. Sorry.

You should get it up and running by specifying an absolute root path:

% spiffy -d -r /home/myname/web