[Chicken-users] -Os

From: felix
Subject: [Chicken-users] -Os
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 00:05:03 +0200

Hi, everybody!

The other day I built Chicken with -Os instead of -O3 and
it seems that runtimes are only marginally longer, and
executable sizes are *much* smaller.

Naturally, I lost the logs of those tests, but I invite
everybody to play around with the settings. I would be
interested in the runtimes and executable sizes under
different platforms, so if somebody has the time and gives
it a try, I'd be grateful.

Just try:

export CFLAGS="-O3 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing"
./configure
make
make bench
ls -l .libs chicken-static csi-static

and:

export CFLAGS="-Os -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing"