Re: [Chicken-users] Exception when threads are deadlocked?, cryptlib wra

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Exception when threads are deadlocked?, cryptlib wrappers
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 15:03:01 +0200

Felix Winkelmann wrote:
[...]
You can catch the exception in the thread that causes the deadlock
(via `handle-exceptions' or `condition-case'). For example:

(define m (make-mutex))
(mutex-lock! m)
(handle-exceptions ex (print "ugh.") (mutex-lock! m))

[I'm not sure whether this is SRFI-18 compliant, but I just wanted
to show handling exceptions]

Thanks for the information. But somehow I can't get this to work -- I have no problems catching other exceptions in my program, but here I probably haven't found the right place to insert the exception handler, yet ;) I will do some more analysis of the problem... I have one more question on this: What type does the exception caused by a deadlock have -- (exn runtime) or something completely different?

cu,
Thomas

PS: For the same project I have created some chicken wrappers for cryptlib (a high level cryptography and communications library). If anyone was interested, I could read the chicken-setup documentation and try to package them as an egg ;)