Re: [Chicken-users] chicken symbol-table and ...

From: Linh Dang
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken symbol-table and ...
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 14:38:48 -0400

On 24 Apr 2004, address@hidden wrote:
> Well, this is great. Being able to browse the docs in emacs

It's more than that. In my hen.el package, typing C-c C-h will would
pop up the documentation of the symbol under the cursor. The search
are done in this order:

        - r5rs info file
        - chicken info file
        - SRFIs info file (if I figure a way to convert the HTML back
          to info).

> is wonderful. Is it possible to automate the translation form
> tex to texi?

Not really! the other way around would work!

> cheers,
> felix

I know it's entirely up to you an dyou're very busy, but I wish
that either you would either:

        - use texinfo as the original format for the manual! :-)
          texinfo is a much higher level (logical markup) language
          than LaTeX. from TeXish pov, texinfo IS a macro package like
          LaTeX, which means it can be compiled into hi-quality
          dvi/pdf/html document.

or

        - be much more consistent with your LaTeX use. Now, some times
          procedure/syntax are listed in `itemize' environment,
          sometimes it's `description'! Converting to texinfo is so
          much a pain.

          The nice thing about texinfo is that you have @deffn command
          to describe a function, @defvr for variables, @defmac for
          macros, @defspec for special-forms and @lisp enviroment to
          show scheme code snippets! R5RS uses texinfo as their
          original format.

Just my 0.02cents wish anyway! please don't take it as a complaint!
Chicken is already GREAT as is!

Regards

--
Linh Dang