Re: [Chicken-users] (current-seconds) returning negative values

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] (current-seconds) returning negative values
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 11:20:52 +0100

Am Mon, 12 Jan 2004 10:39:44 +0100 hat Joerg F. Wittenberger <address@hidden> geschrieben:

This makes me wondering, why my (modified wrt i18n, optional arguments
instead of global parameters) SRFI 19 implementation is not available
as egg or whatever.  This would require minor polishing, which I can't
do any time soon.  Whoever want to take care, find the code at
http://www.askemos.org:9080/srfi19-chicken.tar.gz (for a while, to be
removed at occasion).  BTW: I'm using SRFI 9 records for the time
types.

Just downloaded the code. A few questions:

- what does %early-once-only ?
- AFAICT, native versions of `current-time', `time=?', ... could
  be made source-code compatible with SRFI-19. An optional SRFI-19
  extension would the replace the native versions with more
  powerful ones. Would that be ok for you?