Re: [Chicken-users] Problems loading extensions on some platforms

From: Sven . Hartrumpf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Problems loading extensions on some platforms
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:23:19 +0100 (CET)

I managed to solve the two problems reported below:

On 03 Nov 2003, address@hidden wrote:
> On 03 Nov 2003, Felix Winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> > BTW, can someone confirm the same problem under other SPARC platforms?
> > (Sven?)
>
> Just loading works:
> > csi
> ; This is the CHICKEN interpreter.
> ; Version 1, Build 22 - solaris-unix-gnu-sparc
> ; (c)2000-2003 Felix L. Winkelmann
> >>>

> But compiling fails, similarly "csi -setup" before creating egg:
>
> > csi -setup
> the registry pathname is /programs/free/chicken-1.22/lib/chicken/REGISTRY
> Error: (cadr) bad argument type: ()
>
> > csc vector-lib.scm -O2 -d0 -sv
> Error: (cadr) bad argument type: ()

I have build again using -debug-level 1 (instead of 0) in Makefile.in
and found out that all problems were caused by regex code.
So I checked which "regex.h" files were available on the Sun. Unfortunately,
one from an old version (regex-0.12.tar.gz) was used :-)

So my advice to all seeing similar problems: make sure that a correct
regex.h is used; on our Sun (SunOS 5.9, gcc 3.3.2) this would be:
.../lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.9/3.3.2/include/regex.h

Greetings
Sven