[Chicken-users] nursery

From: Joerg F. Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-users] nursery
Date: 27 Feb 2003 13:05:41 +0100

Hi,

I'm afraid I have an imperfect idea, what the "nursery" actually is.
I'd appreciate if there was a little reference in the documentation.

Otherwise the nursery size seems to have a performace impact, at least
there's a benchmark when the optimal nursery size is determined.

As I can see from the Makefile, I can provide an explicit nursery
size.  This solves the problem at hand: on the same machine I have
different nursery sizes each compile - hardly a basis for benchmarking
different implementation strategies.

But how do I justify the choice of any nursery size, if I want to
provide a binary package?

Thanks

/Jörg

--
The worst of harm may often result from the best of intentions.