[Chicken-users] Solaris dlopen() problem resolved.

From: tonyg
Subject: [Chicken-users] Solaris dlopen() problem resolved.
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:36:10 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all.

The problem I was observing was almost certainly a bug in ld.so -
running with LD_DEBUG=all LD_DEBUG_OUTPUT=foo gave me enough info to
pinpoint the location of the problem (thanks to Neil Pearce).

Patching Solaris fixes the problem. Solaris 7 needs patch 106950-18 (I
had 106950-07, which exhibited the problem, already
installed). Solaris 8 has an equivalent patch, 109147-16.

You can find out if you have these patches installed by running:

        # showrev -p | grep 106950      # solaris 7
        # showrev -p | grep 109147      # solaris 8

Sven - do you happen to have these patches already installed?

Felix - perhaps a note mentioning these patches in the Chicken
documentation or something?

Now chicken runs flawlessly on Sparc for me too :-)

Regards,
  Tony
--
Monkeys high on math -- some of the best comedy on earth
        - Tom Lord, regarding comp.lang.scheme