Re: [Chicken-users] FILE* interface

From: Peter Keller
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] FILE* interface
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 13:47:11 -0500

On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 10:53:04PM -0500, Peter Keller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> It is taking me longer to write the testing code than I had anticipated
> (though I have discovered/fixed bugs not only in my ffi code, but in the
> MP documentation as well).  I have finished the the integer API calls
> (those that I understand how to write a test for) and have done the
> rational API calls. The floating point and random number API calls are
> left. I will work on it studiously in the hopes I finish soon.

Well, I'm still not done yet. Mostly because I've moved from one residence
to another, and that took a lot of time. I'm not stuck on anything
technical, just social, currently. I'll try to find time to work on it
very soon.

Also, the basic interface is finished, I'm just writing the test suite for it
so I can prove it actually works and to make it easier to validate it if the
MP interface changes or gets revved.

I'll release a 0.0.0 version right now, so you guys can play with it and
give me some feedback. I didn't document the things left to do formally--I
figure I'll fix the documentation in the next revision. Basically,
type make after untarring it. :)

http://www.upl.cs.wisc.edu/~psilord/gmp_ffi.0.0.0.tar.gz

Have fun.

-pete

Thanks to all who helped(and might still!) and for writing a wonderful
tool.