chicken-janitors

Re: [Chicken-janitors] #1187: svn-client on Debian Jessie: dirent_uri.c:

From: Chicken Trac
Subject: Re: [Chicken-janitors] #1187: svn-client on Debian Jessie: dirent_uri.c:1500: uri_skip_ancestor: Assertion `svn_uri_is_canonical(child_uri, ((void *)0))' failed
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 06:51:57 -0000

#1187: svn-client on Debian Jessie: dirent_uri.c:1500: uri_skip_ancestor:
Assertion `svn_uri_is_canonical(child_uri, ((void *)0))' failed
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  mario       |       Owner:
      Type:  defect      |      Status:  new
 Component:  extensions  |     Version:  4.9.x
Resolution:              |    Keywords:  svn-client
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

Comment(by sjamaan):

 Svn is really picky about its uris.  Apparently there is now a way to
 canonicalize URIs (wtf wasn't that in 1.6?), so I suppose svn-client can
 be easily fixed if it first calls the canonicalization function:
 http://grokbase.com/t/subversion/dev/138pzv33t8/assertion-in-svn-uri-is-
 canonical

 Docs are here:

https://subversion.apache.org/docs/api/1.8/svn__dirent__uri_8h.html#a624e026e7bdd426d063435b87db2b103

 So now we get to the question of what to do about backwards compatibility:
 If we fix this by calling said function and someone builds svn-client on
 Wheezy, it will fail. Also, if I go in and fix svn-client, I probably want
 to eliminate the stupid deprecation warnings and use the updated API.
 However, this will also break on older versions...

--
Ticket URL: <http://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/1187#comment:3>
CHICKEN Scheme <http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/>