[Chicken-hackers] food for thought - a tentative change proposal

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] food for thought - a tentative change proposal
Date: 21 Dec 2018 20:30:31 +0100

Hi all,

attached patch is not yet in final shape. I just want to put it up as food for though.

It should apply atop of b2caefa738.

If you ever scratched your head about issues of signal handlers running within threads not suspecting that, limitations wrt. synchronization primitives likes mutexes being usable from within signal handlers, this change might be for you. Once this is cleaned up and debugged, there should be no limitations as to what might be run from signal handlers.

The commit message has more details.

I encourage you to try this. While it does change semantics, I strongly believe it changes them for the better.

Now I need to learn what damage it does.

Merry Christmas

/Jörg