Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-users] Some questions about CHICKEN 5 egg

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-users] Some questions about CHICKEN 5 eggs and modules
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 11:21:45 +0200

On Wed, 29 Aug 2018 17:20:09 -0400 John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 29, 2018 at 4:21 PM <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> > I don't see the motivation for installing files outside of the chicken
> > installation
> > tree, so it is not clear to me what you want to achieve with this.
> >

> From what I understand (which may be wrong) it's so that chicken-install
> can put a
> file in a place expected by some external library.
> [...]

Hello,

that is precisely the use case I have in mind, yes.

Also, on my machine I consider the entire /opt/chicken prefix to be my "chicken
installation tree", and I don't want to put anything outside of that, but I do
want to put things inside in any location that appears right, not just one of
three fixed paths ;-)

Ciao,
Thomas

--
There are only two things wrong with C++: The initial concept and the
implementation.