Re: [Chicken-hackers] PATCH fixing to recent changes to parameterize

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] PATCH fixing to recent changes to parameterize
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 14:21:57 +0100

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 09:55:50AM +1300, Evan Hanson wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> On 2016-02-15 21:22, Jörg F. Wittenberger wrote:
> > Yes: it is just to avoid the scrunity message.
> >
> > However: it is not only a message.  It results in "some types not
> > satisfying type strictness" (or similar) and aborted compilation.
>
> Indeed. How about the attached patch? It allows compatible types, rather
> than just subtypes, to allow just the sort of thing you're doing here.
> Then that hack with the lambda can be dropped.

Pushed, along with the parameterize change.  I also had to tweak your
patch a little bit because it changed one message that's written when
compiling scrutiny-test.scm, and removed another.  Finally, the
chicken-5 patch incorrectly changed "strict" back to
"strict-variable-types" so I had to fix that as well.

Cheers,
Peter