Re: [Chicken-hackers] ##sys#delq

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] ##sys#delq
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 12:46:13 +0100

On Sat, Feb 06, 2016 at 10:50:14AM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm currently testing Jörg's srif-18 patch with chicken-5 and found that
> ##sys#delq is not
> available anymore. Is there any replacement provided by core that can be used?

That definition has been un-prefixed in scheduler.scm, and it's hidden.
I think the best thing to do would be to just copy the definition into
the srfi-18 egg.  If this is intended to be a public API (which could be
useful, I think), we could also move it into library.scm and export it
from a module.

Going by http://wiki.call-cc.org/core-libraries-reorganization, we
haven't decided on (chicken list), but if we decide to make it a module,
delq  would fit right in, and I suppose we should add delv, and delete
for consistency with memq/memv/member, assq/assv/assoc.

> It seems that srfi-18 wasn't tested for quite a while, it may be a good idea
> to test the few
> chicken-5 eggs that we have from time to time when making changes to the 5
> core.

It is tested daily on the Salmonella boxes and it hasn't broken down
so far.  See for example these most recent runs:
http://salmonella-freebsd-x86-64.call-cc.org/chicken-5/clang/freebsd/x86-64/2016/02/06/salmonella-report/
http://salmonella-linux-x86-64.call-cc.org/chicken-5/gcc/linux/x86-64/2016/02/05/salmonella-report/

AFAICT this means that the egg's tests are woefully incomplete,
considering ##sys#delq is used quite a bit in srfi-18.scm.

Cheers,
Peter