Re: [Chicken-hackers] Argvector all the things!

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Argvector all the things!
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 13:13:01 +0000

Hi Peter,

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015 08:17:24 +0200 Peter Bex <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 22, 2015 at 09:46:49PM +0000, Mario Domenech Goulart wrote:
>
>> One thing we should be careful with is the build system.
>> salmonella-run-publish won't tolerate build errors.
>
> What happens if it does encounter build errors?

It will stop at the point the error occurs (at the first process which
exits non zero).  So, in case of a build error, it won't run "make
install" and "make check" and won't test eggs.

>> So, we should make sure that we can use a chicken tarball to build
>> the bootstrap compiler ("make boot-chicken" should run successfully)
>> and complete the build with "make install check" using the bootstrap
>> compiler.  If these steps work, salmonella is likely to run without
>> problems.
>
> Is it possible to compile different branches with different CHICKENS?
> Otherwise we need to disable all the builds of pre-argvector versions.

Yeah, I think it is possible if we tweak the runner script a little bit.

Best wishes.
Mario
--
http://parenteses.org/mario