Re: [Chicken-hackers] CR #1142 and upcoming changes

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] CR #1142 and upcoming changes
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 21:28:28 -0400

John Cowan scripsit:

> It's only now with Python 3.4 (arguably 3.3) that parity with Python
> 2.7 was achieved.  There is still no recommendation to convert working
> 2.7 applications (as opposed to libraries) and there may never be.

Here's a FAQ about the Python 2 to Python 3 transition, one of the main
foci of which was cleaning up the string model.  I recommend the first
three sections, down to the "What actually changed in the text model"
heading.

http://python-notes.curiousefficiency.org/en/latest/python3/questions_and_answers.html

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        address@hidden
Does anybody want any flotsam? / I've gotsam.