Re: [Chicken-hackers] [PATH] Add an Emacs dir-locals file to enforce pro

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [PATH] Add an Emacs dir-locals file to enforce project style
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 14:09:36 -0500

Peter Bex scripsit:

> You can use the same tab settings I put in the emacs file in any other
> editor.

Oh, if it's just about tabs, I don't care: I never use the tab key when
writing Lisp code.

> Lisp indentation, like in Riastradh's style guide:
> http://mumble.net/~campbell/scheme/style.txt

Which says you should use Emacs to reformat.

> That's nonsense.  As long as you stick with the style guide above,
> you can do it in any editor.  In fact, just today I noticed there
> are several "Paredit" implementations for many editors, which will
> probably take care of some aspects of indentation, too.

Not for 'ex', though.

> There is no way to indent an entire file with Emacs.  It goes
> completely fubar on files with embedded C.

Good point; fortunately, I don't use embedded C.

> Anyway, why am I telling you how to indent Scheme code?  You're a
> Schemer, how the hell are you indenting your files right now?

Pretty much how I feel like.  However, when writing code to be added to
R7RS, I used an Emacs one-liner that someone gave me.

--
John Cowan    <address@hidden>     http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
But no living man am I!  You look upon a woman.  Eowyn I am, Eomund's daughter.