Re: [Chicken-hackers] whishlist entry: plain scheme read syntax for type

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] whishlist entry: plain scheme read syntax for type declarations
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 17:28:27 -0400

Jörg F. Wittenberger scripsit:

> A suggestion: Since I don't see keywords having a special meaning
> in type declarations, why not have #:rest having the same meaning
> as #!rest for type declarations.  If that was the case, I could
> re-use the -keyword-style switch to make them digestible to other
> implementations.

Not all Schemes can tolerate #:rest either.  If there's to be an
alternative, I'd say it should be Common Lisp's:  &rest, which is an
ordinary symbol with a special meaning in lambda-lists.

--
I marvel at the creature: so secret and         John Cowan
so sly as he is, to come sporting in the pool   address@hidden