Re: [Chicken-hackers] strange error message, please help with interpreta

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] strange error message, please help with interpretation
Date: 17 Mar 2013 15:34:15 +0100

On Mar 17 2013, Peter Bex wrote:

On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 10:32:57PM +0100, Jörg F. Wittenberger wrote:
In fact assuming a stack corruption would explain it at least.
Especially since I'm observing various strange error messages
since I updated to chicken 4.8.2.

Does it happen often enough to perform a git bisect to track down
the commit that introduced the bug?

I want be able to do that for various reasons.

a) As I mentioned before: the cataract is currently so bad
that I can hardly make head or tail of screen space.
(I missed a horse these days until it was as close as about 7 meters!)

b) The use of git is particular tricky to me; I'd need to read up
too much… se (a) before.

c) I would have a hard time to figure when exactly problems arise.
While they are frequent, I'm still changing code according to
my understanding and test locally - this will not turn them up.
Only then I roll out, which involves a none-cross compile at ARM
and copying the resulting 10M executable to all ARM based hosts.
This takes forever; I usually start the process just before
I walk away from the screen.

That would certainly help!

Sure; I understand.  Though little chance.  I'm really sorry.

/Jörg

Cheers,
Peter