Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-users] using types

From: Jörg F . Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] [Chicken-users] using types
Date: 25 Feb 2013 21:00:49 +0100

Will try ASAP.

On Feb 24 2013, megane wrote:

Jörg F. Wittenberger writes:

On Feb 21 2013, Jörg F. Wittenberger wrote:

Somehow I can't verify that my type declarations are actually
effective.

I've been able to verify that my .types files are not ever consulted.

Using strace I found that the "foo.types" file is searched for in

stat("/usr/lib/chicken/6/foo.types", 0x7fffc1895400) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

But since that's not an extension but just a simple module, which is
part of a larger program, there is no good reason to ever install
the .types file in the repository.

To deal with the issue I tried to use -setup-mode.  No effect at all.

Further it seem to be the case that CHICKEN_REPOSITORY must be s imple
directory and may not be some colon-separated path.

At this moment I don't see any solution how to make chicken read
the .types files it produced *within* a single directory.

How would I do that?

Thanks a lot!

Could you try if this [1] patch is of help. It essentially makes the
compiler to search for .types files from each path supplied with
-include-path.

Footnotes: [1] http://bugs.call-cc.org/ticket/9