Re: [Chicken-hackers] compiling Chicken 4.7.0 with musl instead of glibc

From: Sergey
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] compiling Chicken 4.7.0 with musl instead of glibc
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 21:01:24 -0800

It looks like the -fPIC problem was due to a bug in the version of musl I was
using (0.8.4), which has been fixed in git.  When I switched to the git version
of musl, I was able to get much further in the compile:

  http://paste.pocoo.org/show/546566/

Now the main problem is (line 307 in the above paste):

  runtime.c:3946:3: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘gcvt’

which leads to (line 366 in the above paste):

  ./libchicken.so: undefined reference to `gcvt'

gcvt is defined in stdlib.h, and surrounded by:

  #if (defined __USE_XOPEN_EXTENDED && !defined __USE_XOPEN2K) \
      || defined __USE_SVID

I tried adding -D__USE_XOPEN_EXTENDED to C_COMPILER_OPTIONS in chicken's
Makefile.linux but go no better result:

  http://paste.pocoo.org/show/546568/

I'm stumped.

  --Sergey

FREE 3D MARINE AQUARIUM SCREENSAVER - Watch dolphins, sharks & orcas on your
desktop!