Re: [Chicken-hackers] blob-literal read syntax

From: Kon Lovett
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] blob-literal read syntax
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:48:44 -0700

On Oct 18, 2010, at 1:16 AM, Felix wrote:

Hello!

I have added read-syntax for blob-literals and currently use

Since this may block the use of "#{ ... }" for user-defined read- syntax,
I want to ask if perhaps another syntax might be preferrable. Any
ideas? Or would the syntax above be ok for such a built-in object.

I would rather '#{' not be used. (I want it ;-)

Suggest '#bv([0..255]...)'.

I am guessing that the motivation for a blob sexp is something like Q&D serialization or debugging and not necessarily a prime human editable form.

cheers,
felix