Re: [Chicken-hackers] R6RS

From: Elf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] R6RS
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 19:39:07 -0700 (PDT)

Out of curiousity, what good reasons are there for using R6, since you seem
to be so behind doing so?

-elf

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:

I'm sorry; those are reasons not to approve r6rs.  There are many
things, it seems to me, which don't belong in the standard, but which
should be in any good Scheme system.

Are you saying that if X should not be in the standard, then it is wrong
for Chicken Scheme to implement X?  Suppose r6rs had mandated the
Chicken Scheme FFI; would you begin lobbying for its removal from
Chicken Scheme?

Thomas