Re: [Chicken-hackers] Global ignore on .import.scm files?

From: Peter Bex
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Global ignore on .import.scm files?
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 18:03:27 +0100

On Sun, Nov 09, 2008 at 05:53:08PM +0100, Peter Bex wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Whenever I request a status list from subversion, it keeps telling me
> about all the .import.scm files that got created by running
> chicken-setup from the egg dir. How about adding '*.import.scm' to
> the global-ignores configuration option so it gets ignored like all
> the .so files?

Hmm, turns out that this is not possible to do server-side, only
client-side. I'm a bit afraid it's only a matter of time before someone
checks in a .import.scm file, causing breakage much further down the
road when the module exports for that egg are changed again.

> It could also be added to the svn:ignore property, but that can't
> be made to propagate to subdirectories automatically, afaik, so
> everyone would need to add it manually to any new directories they'd
> create.

Apparently it is possible to do this in the post-commit script, but
it's not pretty.  I'll see if I can find out more.

Cheers,
Peter
--
http://sjamaan.ath.cx