Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: repository branching

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: repository branching
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:26:28 +0100

Hi!

Regarding the repository question:

I'm getting bored.

I propose someone comes up with an exact specification of
an alternative solution. We have one now that sort of works and
it will not be changed incrementally. I suggest we start from
scratch, get it working and switch over to a completely new
approach.

I don't want to fiddle with the current system and recommend
to others not to do so and instead fix everything from the ground
up. I personally don't want to invest any more time in repo
reorganization, I just want to keep the old stuff working. I have
implemented a significant part of the current mess and will
try my best to keep it working until someone else takes over
with a new system, for which I can disclaim all repsonsibility.

cheers,
felix