Re: [Chicken-hackers] sudo-install

From: Ivan Raikov
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] sudo-install
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 22:48:51 +0900

   I have added two options to chicken-setup: -build-prefix and
-download-dir. build-prefix is where chicken-setup creates a temporary
directory, unpacks the egg and then compiles it. download-dir is the
directory where downloaded egg files are saved. build-prefix defaults
to the value of the environment variable TMP, if set, otherwise
$HOME/chicken-build. If some other behavior is desired, I can easily
make changes.

   The issue with sudo is a bit more complicated than I thought,
because the real user id also gets set to zero when chicken-setup is
running under sudo or su. sudo sets environment variable SUDO_USER,
which shows the id of the user that invoked sudo, so that might be one
way to detect if chicken-setup is being run under sudo. I will look
some more into this before hacking chicken-setup to change its euid.

  -Ivan