[Chicken-hackers] egg-post-commit

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] egg-post-commit
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 08:18:20 +0100

Hi, everybody!

For those that use egg-post-commit on their personal checkouts:

the usage has slightly changed: the "-cd" option is implicit.
Generally I recommend not to use egg-post-commit as it
has many subtle dependencies and everything on galinha
is set up correctly.

A "tasks" file is loaded and executed after each post-commit
cycle which we can fill with stuff like generating RSS feeds
(anybody willing to help with this? I can give more info). Currently
it does nothing - ideas are welcome.

We should also re-evaluate the current setup. It would be nice
to checkout a complete repo, say "chicken-setup egg-post-commit-ng"
and have a private egg server. This goes hand in hand with questions
of repository layout and a solution to the problems of having on the one
hand reliable and stable eggs and on the other hand allow quick
turnaround for those that like living on the edge, for example by
using decentralized "staging" repositories. We should take our
time for this and perhaps get setups actually running for evaluation.

cheers,
felix