Re: [Chicken-hackers] Egg filename versioning

From: Leonardo Valeri Manera
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Egg filename versioning
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 02:48:36 +0100

Hi guys, progress report.

I've got a few eggs building and installing, so that's good.

Depending on what the big boss says, I might ask you to provide the
eggs with the .tgz extension in your webapp so I don't have to write a
custom egg-unpacker... not my decision, I'll let you know.

Apart from that, all good. One noobish question though: our package
managers automagically run "strip --strip-unneeded" on any binaries
and .sos, do you think that will cause issues with eggs? Says the word
and I'll stop that from happening.

Apart from that, as soon as you're ready I'll start pushing the
ebuilds onto our dedicated lisp/scheme overlay, give them a little
testing.

Cheers!
Leo