[Chicken-hackers] encoded-literals

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: [Chicken-hackers] encoded-literals
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:42:13 +0100

Hi!

I have merged the "encoded-literals" branch into the trunk, in which
literals in code are decoded at runtime from a machine-independent
binary format. Also, lambda-info (the stuff you see when you print
procedures) is statically preallocated. This should give better C
compile times (the toplevel procedures are smaller), sometimes
dramatically (hopefully - perhaps someone can perform a timing
comparison on ppc hardware?). This also makes the compress-literals
option/declaration obsolete. I tested this on various platforms and found
no problems yet, but wanted to note this, anyway.

cheers,
felix