Re: [Chicken-hackers] 64-bit support added for OS X

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] 64-bit support added for OS X
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 11:23:33 -0600

On Dec 8, 2007 2:36 AM, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> > [I wrote:] I have also added BINARYVERSION=3.64 to this line to
> > avoid overwriting my 32-bit eggs.

> I'd rather recommend to install into a different location, or eggs get
> easily mixed up.

That makes a lot more sense on general principles.

Also, for the couple users of the objc egg, it won't work on a 64-bit
build because Foundation is not 64-bit compatible on Tiger.  It might
work on Leopard, but I have not yet upgraded.

If you want to try, you will need to build a new version of libffi I
just sourced from the gcc SVN repository:
http://3e8.org/pub/libffi-20071207.tgz .  I can't guarantee anything
will work at all right now.