Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] Release candidate for 2.6 avai

From: Mario Domenech Goulart
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Re: [Chicken-users] Release candidate for 2.6 available
Date: 26 Feb 2007 16:03:52 -0300

On 26 Feb 2007 15:53:25 -0300 Mario Domenech Goulart <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 10:29:20 -0800 "Brandon J. Van Every" <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > Builds and installs fine under MSVC.  Haven't really tested the
> > functionality though.  It always pings my lazy-o-meter, the lack of
> > tests.  Are there some simple tests we could agree on to validate the
> > build?  If someone would cough those up, I could probably be arsed to
> > incorporate them into the CMake build, ala the CTest / Dashboard
> > mechanism.
>
> I think the benchmarks can be used as a basic test suite.

Forgot to mention that maybe salmonella can be used too.  It fetches
the eggs from call/cc.org, builds and installs each (in its own test
repository).  It takes a long time and the results have to be manually
analyzed, since there are several causes for a build not succeed
(missing libraries, eggs bugs etc.).  But if salmonella reports
success for 200+ eggs, there are good changes the compiler is ok (at
least its basics). :-)

Best wishes,
Mario