Re: [Chicken-hackers] CMake 2.4.5 ships

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] CMake 2.4.5 ships
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 13:32:24 -0800

felix winkelmann wrote:
On 12/5/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

> Ok. I guess I replace the cmake tarballs on the chicken website, then.

Well, it's not such a critical rush that it's gotta be done right this
second.  On the other hand, making new tarballs is supposed to be really
easy.  Is "make dist" working ok on Linux nowadays?

Oh, sorry: I meant new cmake tarballs at

http://www.call-with-current-continuation.org/tarballs

So users have a place to find most tools needed for chicken
development and/or installation.

That's a good idea.  While you're at it, you could bump Darcs to 1.0.8.
http://www.darcs.net
I haven't seen any performance improvement, but I've had enough occasional "quirky odd behaviors" with older versions, to believe that using the latest version is a good idea.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every