certi-devel

[certi-dev] CERTI RTIG Best Effort connection from RTIG to RTIA

From: Alexander.Knueppel
Subject: [certi-dev] CERTI RTIG Best Effort connection from RTIG to RTIA
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 12:51:49 +0000

Hello,

we’ve encountered the following problem: rather than relying on a reliable connection (TCP) we want to use a best effort connection for the communication of RTIG with the federates (RTIA).

Changing the FOM Model form “reliable” to “best effort” didn’t do the trick (every communication is via TCP) so we had a look at the source code and as far as we could see it, RTIG is never really sending anything via UDP.

In the RTIG.cc exection-method there is this line

  link = socketServer.getActiveSocket(&fd);

where link is now used as a TCP-Socket and that never changes (or we are simply blind).

The question is: how can we establish a UDP/Best Effort connection from RTIG to RTIA or is that not possible?

In use: Certi 3.4.2.

Best regards,

Alexander